Plan your visit
Whilst we are all looking forward to having more freedom again, our main concern is to keep you and our staff safe. So, there are some safety measures that we will be continuing to recommend for a while longer.
We will continue to monitor visitor numbers to ensure the museum doesn’t get too crowded. By pre-booking your timeslot for your train ride on (Sundays and Thursdays), you can guarantee your timeslot and really help us with monitoring numbers:
You do not need a ticket to visit the museum on Mondays and Saturdays when there are no train rides.
We recommend wearing a face covering in our indoor spaces including on the train ride.
Our staff and volunteers are on hand to help and answer any questions.
For more detailed information, please read the sections below.
When you arrive
When you arrive:
- If you have any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 10 days, please don’t visit.
- We recommend wearing a face covering .
- We will continue to display NHS QR code posters to make it easy for you to check-in to support Test and Trace. You will need to download the NHS app onto your mobile phone before you can scan the QR code. The app is available on Android's Google Play or Apple's App Store - search for NHS Covid-19.
During your visit
During your visit:
- Our staff will greet you at a distance. They will be wearing face coverings in our indoor areas and we have screens at our till points.
- You are welcome to bring your own picnics and other refreshments and eat them in our picnic area.
- We encourage you to use the hand sanitisers around the site.
- We have increased cleaning in indoor spaces, especially in areas of high contact.
If you are looking to make a school group, booking please contact the Learning team who will be able to discuss your visit requirements directly with you.
This remains a very difficult time for us. Help us ensure art, culture & heritage continue to make a positive impact in our region.