The perfect location for your film
If you are looking to film a working heritage steam railway or railways sidings then Stephenson Steam Railway is the ideal setting. We welcome film, television and photography companies who want to use our building and environment as a location.
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: (0191) 277 2152.
What's been filmed at our venues in the past?
- Music video for band 'Crooked Hands' - Stephenson Steam Railway
- Channel 4's Rome Wasn't Built in a Day - Arbeia Roman Fort
- National Geographic's Explorer - Segedunum Roman Fort
- BBC 2's History Cold Case - Great North Museum: Hancock
- ITV's Vera - Discovery Museum
- BBC 3's Don't Tell the Bride - Discovery Museum
- BBC1's Flog It! - Discovery Museum
- BBC 1's Who Do You Think You Are? - Tyne & Wear Archives
- Channel 5's How the Victorians Built Britain - Discovery Museum
Are there any restrictions?
We do require a copy of your public liability insurance certificate (to the value of £5 million) for our records.
Please read our Health & Safety for Filming document as we do have some limitations that may be relevant to your filming.
NORTHERN FILM & MEDIA is the North East’s creative Industries Development agency, supporting Media businesses with Television and filming production within the region.