*SOLD OUT* The Elf Express 2023
This event has now sold out
Saturday 2 December
Sunday 3 December
Saturday 9 December
Sunday 10 December
Saturday 16 December
Sunday 17 December
Saturday 23 December
Sunday 24 December
Please note, this event has now sold out.
Make this Christmas a real cracker with a trip on board our famous Elf Express! Meet our Chief Elf as well as Santa Claus himself and enjoy an interactive Christmas performance before jumping on board a heritage locomotive! There’ll be live entertainment, Christmas music, lots of photo opportunities, refreshments and a special present from Santa for every child.
2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23 & 24 December
Event start times:
9.45am | 11.15am | 12.45pm | 2.15pm | 3.45pm
£16 - £22 per person. Group tickets also available for private compartments.
We are unable to exchange/refund tickets once booked, so please ensure that you very carefully select the correct date and time of the train and the correct position of the seats (i.e facing each other, not back-to-back).
Before coming to the event, please check that you have received your tickets by email (don't forget to look in spam) and let us know as soon as possible if you haven't.
Read more FAQs here.
There are some outdoor elements to the event so please make sure you are wrapped up for the weather. Be sure to wear a warm coat, outdoor shoes/boots and bring your hats, gloves and scarves too.
We cannot wait to meet you all. Here are a few tips to help you plan your visit:
- Children aged 0 – 12 years will receive a gift from Santa. Elves will give adults a sticker during the event, so that you can tell us your child's name.
- You will be asked to wait outside until the event start time.
- Please allow sufficient time for your journey. We are situated close to a retail park so traffic may be heavy and event times cannot be delayed.
- We have a free on site car park with 65 spaces. Please park courteously.
- All of the people for your booking should assemble together so that you can be admitted into the venue as one party.
- Please have your ticket ready to show our staff either on your phone or a printed copy.
- Please ensure you board the correct carriage.
- Buggies can be left in the museum whilst you are on the train. Please contact a member of staff on arrival.
- Passengers visiting a steam railway must expect to come across the products of combustion which may settle on clothing and liability for this is excluded.
*Locomotive may vary according to availability